Thursday, November 30, 2006

A funny thing happened on the way to the Tesco


I bought groceries tonight for the first time in eons and I decided to pick up a bottle of port. And I got ID'd. My reaction was, really? I thought the drinking age in this country was, like 16. I saw a program the other night about Britain's youngest drinkers and I was literally old enough to be those kids' mom. I mean, If my kids can drink, so can I dammit!

Luckily I had my passport on me and I could prove my age. I mean, this isn't BC, this is supposed to be an alcoholic's paradise. This is a city where people were enraged when someone suggested banning drinking on the systems of public transit. 1 in 3 kids live in poverty? Meh. I can't drink Fosters on the tube???? Fucking tossers.


And I thought I was buying grown up food. Organic hummous and broccoli. Pine nuts. Fancy cheese. And what underage drinkers opt for port??? It was so wrong.

Editor's note: This incident did not actually take place at a Tesco, but the store in question has an awkward name. And obviously it didn't really happen on the way, but...c'mon! Creative license.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home