Friday, July 28, 2006

Hamcake on Home

Almost one year on...isn't it time for new nicknames? I KNOW 3-way will be back me up on this one.

It's strange to have a new apartment. I was in Tom Williams House for 8 months. That's longer than I lived in St. Henri for. Like it or not (and I did not) it was home.

The room is tiny, but I will survive. Sometimes it annoys me that I cannot move on either side of the bed, but this is London. One must accept what one can get. I am afraid my flatmates find me antisocial, but it is hard to break into a group of 7 people who have been living together for a year!

I cannot play my music. I need to buy a lamp (or 2). I cannot figure out how to flush the goddam toilet. I have taken to locking myself in the bathroom to practice, but I cannot do it.

It is nice to have my own space and it is amazing to live so close to work. My mornings are so relaxed that I have time to be bored before work.

My Dad did not seem impressed with the new flat. I thought he would like it, but he spent the next day after moving me trying to convince H that if we could just live together we could afford something so much better.

I just moved. I am not going anywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home