Thursday, July 06, 2006

He's an ideas man

My Dad wants to be a grandfather. We are having a nice dinner last night, I am swigging wine like it's going out of style and he reveals this gem of wisdom. It seems that his new lady friend has a four year old grandson and he is just so neat that Dad wants to have grandkids of his own.

My Dad. Wants to be a grandfather. He is teasing me in front of H about this.

My Dad. I had always intend to shield my future offspring from him as much as possible. I figured he would get bored of the child once it entered its teens and he would disappear. This is his track record afterall.

The more I think about this conversation, the angrier I get. He wants me to have a child? He just met H, he has no idea about our relationship.

A grandchild? Maybe I am just in shock. What is up with the half-baked opinions of bunk dads? He failed miserably as a parent, is he hoping for a second chance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home