Friday, October 21, 2005

That's Turboarlottetown. T-U-R-B....

I am leaving in 3 days. 3 days and I am going to the countryside tonight for 2 days. I am a ball of nervous energy about to implode. For all of the dear darlings close to me, it is a blessing that I am getting out of town for a couple of days.
Today was my last day of work and it was un-fucking-believable. Not in a good way, in an unfucking believable way. It is way too difficult to explain what my job is like, you REALLY need to be there, but the supervisor in charge of training is incredibly special. Special like I cannot believe that her obvious learning disability is not more of an issue. However, the last few days have had some really solid moments. Like when Tina, the crazy woman that no one likes called directory assistance and thought that Turboarlottetown was an actual city. A Canadian city, no less, just one she had never heard of...and later when Tina asked a slightly darkish skinned boy to sing in Arabic, and he had to tell her that he does not speak Arabic. She asked the most obvious Quebecois boy I have ever seen to sing in Arabic... gold. These are the memories that I carry with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home