Monday, January 02, 2006

Tom Williams House takes the show on the road!!

So I am relaxing in France for all of 24 hours when Elie calls and tells us that he will be joining us in the countryside. He was invited for two days...he stayed for four. This means that four of the six Tom Williams House inhabitants are now staying together in a house smaller than said flat. This means that poor moi is now drowning in a sea of French as Elie brought his impossibly cute girlfriend (daughter? cousin?) along and she does not speak a word of the English.
However, it takes more than a bunch of slurring Frenchies to get me down, as you well know. I persevered! I drank a lot! I spoke their "language" when necessary. Mathieu (intellectual Melgaard) came for a visit (in his porsche, no less) and I completely understood as he explained to the table that only whores turn him on. Salut hamcake!
On December 30, Elie (forever a soldier) insisted on us going deep into the woods, lighting a bonfire (despite the freezing rain that fell ALL DAY), drinking hot wine and singing from his Foreign Legion songbook. The 15 litres of boiling wine, mixed with a generous helping of rum and one kilo of sugar helped make this experience as joyous as Elie had imagined it. We sang our little hearts out and when they asked me to serenade them en anglais, I did not disappoint. Unfortunately, my repetoire of songs I know by heart is limited to: Duke of Earl, I Will Follow Him, Leader of the Pack, Jeremiah was a Bullfrog and some song about asking Daisy to marry (Daisy Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you...) Apparently I have not learned a new song since 1997. It was all I could do not to bust into some Little Mermaid.
Anyways, I am home now and happy to be back in London, less then thrilled to be back in the flat (and by less than thrilled, I mean crushingly depressed). H's papa is here and F's girlfriend is homeless and apparently staying with us. I am unemployed and with nowhere to go and J, my lone female friend, is furiously angry with me over an altercation on Christmas that involved her boyfriend. I did one too many shots of Christmas cheer, passed out in her room (the party was raging on in my room) and woke up with her slime-weasel/pervert/fuckhead boyfriend trying to take my pants off. If this attempted molestation was not bad enough, she then walked in and now seems to think that I was trying to seduce him. Seriously! My life has become a bad after-school drama because he is a fucking creep. So my time at Tom Williams House might be coming to an end...I hope. Happy new year. Keep you posted.
Love,
your favorite hamcake.

1 Comments:

Blogger 4X said...

oh! you little shlotzky!!

10:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home